Thursday evenings at FMO are the place to be! Cooking classes, wine sampling starting in May, yoga every Thursday night and around 30 vendors to choose from. Veggies, lettuces, meats (lamb, beef, pork), eggs, plants, pizza crusts, tropical plants, jams, jellies and other jarred products, desserts, artisan breads, cookies, seafood, and diary products are just some of the products available.
Chef Christian Atkinson whipped up this delicious dish last week, as part of our Paleo Cooking Class. Serve this alongside fish for your family.
1 Medium Red Onion
1 Bunch Carrots or Parsnips
1 Tbs. Minced Garlic
½ Cups Dried Currants (or Raisins)
½ Cups Pistachios
1 ½ Tbs. Moroccan Seasoning or Ras El Hanout Seasoning
¼ Cup Cinnamon
¼ Cup Cumin
1 Tbs. White Pepper
2 Tbs. Paprika
1 Tbs. Ginger
1 Tbs. Cardamom
- Sweat onion in olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet till onion is almost translucent. Add carrots to the pan. Add water if needed to help cook the carrots faster.
- When carrots are almost al dente, turn the heat up to medium high.
- Add Zucchini, Garlic, and Seasoning. Continuously stirring to prevent burning.
- When Zucchini still has a nice snap when you bite it, add currants and pistachios. Cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Taste for salt, and add about 1 tsp. to start.
- Add the parsley to finish.
This dish goes great with a nice piece of fish such as Tilapia or chicken breast, or even by itself over rice!